Okay, who else here watches The Actor’s Studio with James Lipton? Is it not the best? The actors are obviously a very different beast from writers, but I often find things in common with process there and it’s entertaining as hell. My favorite part is always the end with Lipton asks his guest the ten questions made famous by French talk show host Bernard Pivot. I thought it would be fun to answer them, so here they are:
- What is your favorite word? Illuminate.
- What is your least favorite word? Fired.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Being lost in a story.
- What turns you off? A lot of the business elements of publishing.
- What is your favorite curse word? Mother fucker. Really anything with fuck in it. In that way, I am very Sarah.
- What sound or noise do you love? My nephews laughing and the cat chirping at birds.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Fearful screaming.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I like the volunteer work I do with American Cancer Society, so maybe something with them.
- What profession would you not like to do? Anything to do with bodily fluids.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come see all the people you love.
Have you ever secretly answered the Actor’s Studio questionnaire?